Sunday, June 22, 2008

Gas Prices

Why is it that all the "experts" are saying that President Bush's proposed lifting of the off-shore drilling ban will not help with the current gas crisis? Now, ok, maybe I didn't go to Harvard, or Yale or Oxford, and I don't claim to be an economist, but it seems to me there is a little thing called "Supply and Demand". If there is high demand for something and a low supply, the price for that good or service is going to be higher. If there is an abundance of that good or service, if it is more readily available, the price will go down. Therefore, if we are pumping oil off our own shores on our own terms and not being held hostage by some Middle Eastern Sheik living in Dubai in his gold and crystal palace, forcing us to pay whatever he demands for it, while we can barely travel to work and back, (IF we are even able to get a job!) how could this be ANYTHING but good? Would any of you liberals like to explain this to me? I just think it is the fact that none of them are ever going to give Bush one scrap of credit no matter what he does. Now I am not saying that I am 100% behind everything the man has done, particularly in his second term. However, I believe the man has already gotten us through 9/11, captured Saadaam and his evil murderous sons, and on top of this, he could capture and kill Ben Laden, fix health care, have the cure for cancer and AIDS found through research he commissioned, and bring about world peace in our time, and he would still be a bumbling idiot who bought the election and sold the country's soul for oil according to them. Everyone who reads this, please let me know what you think. EVERYONE. I'm really interested in your opinion.

No comments: